Monday, July 10, 2023

Random notes on dreams, discernment.

     I went down a rabbit hole this morning on the word "discernment."  I watched two YouTube videos on it.  Apparently, God talks to us in dreams.  I don't know about all that, but maybe.

    I'm at a long table made of wood, kind of dark, possibly stained.  It looks natural.  I see the knots and lines.  There are small, fake plants in white pots.  There is this grand TV screen with pictures of water, boats, Rocks (why did I capitalize that?).

    River rocks.  The dream from the podcast I was listening to yesterday.  She collected river rocks, I'm imagining dark and smooth, flat.  She placed one on each desk as a touchstone to the natural world.  Then, she feared that the building would collapse (these were desks on the top floor of a skyscraper).  This was her dream just before 9/11.

    Wow, right?

    I find dreams so interesting.  I also love the Fleetwood Mac song.  Album?  No, Rumors.  Rumours? I guess it depends.

    Anyway, discernment.  My dream.  "The ability to judge well."  In spiritual contexts is what I'm interested in.  "Perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual guidance and understanding."

    There's a lot to be said about discernment.  I wonder why I dreamed that specific word?  It was so prominent.  The girl had a look of discernment.  That part doesn't make sense to me.  I would have described it as a look of peace, contentment.  How does one display a look of discernment?

    Later, I was listening to another podcast and I learned that as a procrastinator, my iconic identity is the Sage and discernment is my superpower.  Way to go, subconscious.  I don't really follow, but perhaps more will be revealed.  Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment