Thursday, February 7, 2013

Almost done expanding!

I've been terrible at updating this, I'm sorry about that.  I've been keeping pretty busy which is good for me, but it makes me less inclined to post blogs regularly.  My bad ;)

I've had expansions # 4 and 5!  I'm up to 275, I think I only have a couple more to go.  I'm about even right now, a little bigger on the fake side, but all the volume is up high so it looks weird haha.  When I go in for the exchange my PS is going to make it so the implant sits lower and I'll look normal.  And it won't be a rock hard expander, so yay.  I'm really looking forward to the exchange.  Unfortunately I have to wait until after the semester is over, because I'll have to take another two weeks off.  I think I might have mentioned this in my last blog lol.  My mind is all over the place.

My 4th expansion was fine, but after my 5th expansion I had some pain which is weird for me.  Luckily it's subsided since then.  I don't have a whole lot to complain about expander-wise, but I won't be sad when I say goodbye to it haha.  I think I'll be ready for my new silicone friend.  That sounded so corny.  I'm trying to decide if it's too corny for me to say, but I'm thinking no.  I'm such a dork.

Aside from that, I've been really busy with school and really enjoying my classes.  Really.  I like all of them.  My psychology class is full of just-graduated-from-high-school freshmen, and most of them are really immature, but I enjoy the material.  Microbio is so much fun!  Especially the lab.  And anatomy and physiology is as interesting as last semester, although it's a lot more work this time around.  I think I'll be almost done with nursing pre-reqs after this semester, then I still want to take that EMT class so I can get some much needed clinical experience before I apply to nursing school.  It's so exciting!

Anyway, I'm off to hopefully finish my psychology homework before American Idol starts, wish me luck with that.  Ta ta for now. :)

Wait, before I go.  I just happened to log into my breastcancer.org account, which I hadn't done for a while, and I had a message from someone else who was diagnosed with fibromatosis in the breast at around the same time I was.  This is the first person I have talked to with the same thing as me!  As sad of a coincidence as it is, it is really cool to have someone else who really knows what I'm going through with this super rare tumor.  That was a nice thing to see.  I really hope that she doesn't have to have a mastectomy like I did, but she's already had 3 lumpectomies and is looking into more surgeries.  Even though some don't consider this a cancer, I don't see how you can consider it benign.

Okay, I'm really going to sign off now.  Adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment