Friday, February 15, 2013

Phantom itch, working out, etc.

Hey everyone!  Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's day, mine was nice :)

I had my 6th expansion on Tuesday, putting me up to 325 cc and only one expansion away from being done.  It's bittersweet for me, I'm not sad about not having the pain and soreness after each expansion (which has only been getting worse the more expanded I get), but in a way I am going to miss my weekly ritual.  Everyone knows me in the plastic surgery department, I'm going to miss seeing them all the time, they're so nice and friendly.  My last expansion appt is next Tuesday, and then all that are left are the little details like what kind of implant I'm gonna get.  I'm almost positive I want to go with silicone, because if the saline one feels anything like this expander (which is not unlike a softball) that will bug me.

Lately I've been having this thing that I'm referring to as a phantom itch, and it's driving me crazy!  I think it's pretty common, it's discussed pretty regularly on the breast cancer discussion boards and I talked to my neighbor recently and she's experienced the same thing.  I get an itch on my fake breast, but I have basically no sensation there at all.  So when I scratch it, I get no relief!  It is so annoying!  It comes off and on, I hope it stops soon but some people have said it never fully stops for them, even after the exchange.

Anyway, I've finally been getting back into working out after a long time off.  I got the approval to do cardio like two weeks ago, but I never had the motivation to actually do it until last week.  Since then I've gone running, played tennis (very poorly), and gone to the gym twice.  I'm really going to try to stick to it, I want to get in shape again before my exchange surgery.  I want to be at my goal by then.  I don't really have a specific goal in terms of weight loss (I don't even know how much I weigh or how much that is affected by the super heavy feeling expander I have), I just want to feel healthy and fit.  I figure if I say all this to the public then I'm more likely to actually stick to it.  I'm thinking about starting to go to spin class regularly again, those things are killer!  Wish me luck :)

Okay I should go, I have two tests next week.  Conveniently both on the same day (Wednesday), one for microbio and one for a&p.  So I should really study.  Adios for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment